Re: lynx-dev LYNX: so eg mutt can run it as "server"?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: so eg mutt can run it as "server"?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:10:35 +0900 (JST)

> I have no idea who has time to write it, but anything would

The following is "anything" :)

Use "procmail" to sort (or filter at the initial stage) your mail.  My
recipe begins with:
        BOUND=`$FORMAIL -xContent-Type:`
        :0 Bfbw
Using formail in conjunction with procmail facilitates getting the boundary
demarcation string.

Have procmail pipe the body to a script that cuts out the text part of the
mail body, leaving only the html [junk].

Make a "bookmark file" with links that pass the name of the mailbox file
you want to read to your lynxcgi script, which "tells" Lynx that html
content is following, before `cat`ting (or whatever) the body of the mail.
The script must start out something like (Forever grateful, Jim!):
        echo "Content-type: text/html"
        echo ""

Voila!  Html mail.  Took me about two months to realize that it was better
to reverse the process, i.e., trash the html and read the text.

__Henry