lynx-dev Re: Lynx options

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx options
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:22:19 -0700

Maybe this should be Cc:'d to listelves, but I've never quite
caught on to just what they are, so if it's inappropriate, let me
know.

On or about 03 Oct, 1999, T.E.Dickey
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > To Whom It may concern;
> >
> > I would like to use Lynx for a project that requires the
> > use of a telnet browser.  My display for this project is
> > very limited. (20W X 8H).  With this display size I can't
> > afford to waste any space.  Is it possible to stop Lynx
> > from ; adding two spaces to the left of all character lines
> > displayed (i.e. start from chartacter position 1 on a display
> > line)

This comes up in one form or another periodically -- modifying
DefaultStyle.c in the src/ subdirectory of the distribution is
the way to customize indenting, etc, I believe.

> > and not display any help or status text at the bottom of the
> > screen.

Using ADVANCED mode gets rid of the help line(s), but leaves the
status line, which I guess is what Tom is referring to below (but
I'm just a user, not a developer, so caveat whatever...).

        [...]

> well, it's always possible - I don't think the code has been
> parameterized to support this (it's all constants in the
> relevant section).  I'll take a look to see how much work is
> involved.

        [...]

--
Michael Warner