lynx-dev Re: ListElves?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: ListElves?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 08:45:10 -0400

At 09:22 PM 10/4/99 -0700, Michael Warner wrote:
>Maybe this should be Cc:'d to listelves, but I've never quite
>caught on to just what they are, so if it's inappropriate, let me
>know.

The purpose of the ListElves -at- sig -dot- net list is to coordinate
site/server administration among the people who maintain the Majordomo,
MHonArc, Faq-O-Matic, webservers and development facilities that support
Lynx-dev.  It is not to divert discussion of Lynx development and use from
Lynx-dev.

You get questions from walk-on correspondents which have been forwarded
from listelves because we currently have the mailto link at the foot of the
lynx.browser.org start page forwarding there.  This is part of the age old
question, without a perfect answer, of how to handle random questions from
the general public.

In this case, the question is clearly about Lynx and belongs on lynx-dev.
So it is not necessary to copy listelves on the follow-up.  But it doesn't
hurt anything to have done so.

Al