Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary

From: Brett Glass
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 11:02:08 -0600

At 10:03 PM 10/6/99 +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>   If you really wish to help blind people to browse the Web, you can (IMO)
>prove various US departments (that are dedicated to the support of blind
>people, etc, various social organizations, associations) that the thing you
>will do will be good for blinds, ask for funding, write the code (you can
>use any GPLed software without any problems) and release it under GPL.

Sorry, but having seen the hostility and spite which lie behind the GPL, we
are very much opposed to having anything to do with it. We believe that
programmers should share in a positive way -- motivated by mutual benefit,
not a desire to destroy livelihoods. Which is, again, what the GPL is
truly for.

--Brett