lynx-dev Re: Vintage LYNX

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Vintage LYNX
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 22:12:54 -0500

At 05:15 PM 10/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We have a need for a text browser that will still work under DOS.  Can you
>tell me what is the most recent version of LYNX is that supported DOS?  Can
>I acquire a copy?  It's for use on a portable DOS-based notetaker that
>cannot be upgraded for your more recent versions.
>
>It would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

How ancient or modern a processor do you have in the note-taker?  Lynx for DOS
requires a 386 or higher processor.  The current development code is
multiplatform
code; the DOS386 host is one of the supported platforms i.e. reported
problems on
that platform get fixed so the latest Lynx to support DOS is as many days
old as
the latest development increment.

Learn more at

http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

Also subscribe to lynx-dev for peer support if you do anything with this.

mailto:address@hidden

Al