Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary

From: Brett Glass
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 23:42:59 -0600

At 10:45 PM 10/6/99 -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:

>That the Lynx developers use the GPL for Lynx has no effect on *your*
>creative efforts.

Yes, it does. The GPL hinders creative efforts by requiring developers
to reimplement code needlessly, expending large amounts of UNcreative
effort. This is what Brian Reid accurately describes as programmers
standing on one another's feet.

We'll be delighted to share some of our work, but also deserve to
make enough to put food on the table.

The GPL, however, attempts to sabotage this. As I've said before:
When the new code stops coming, it'll be because no one remembered
to feed the programmer.

--Brett