Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:50:22 +0500 (SAMST)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>
>[...]

> But keep in mind that this applies to *all* text input fields, not just
> those you have any interest in, not just those you have modified.  You
> page to the last screenful of some Web page, it happens to have a text
> input field near the top.  Normally you'd press Left Arrow to go back
> and not even notice there was an input field.  (If you're in human
> "browsing mode", not in "I want to fill in forms" mode.)  Now (with the
> sticky-of-the-2nd-kind setting) the input field requires taking notice
> (why didn't Left do anything?) and then taking action (probably ^V).

  WIth the patch I sent, if STICKY_INPUTS is FALSE (sticky-of-the-1st-kind)
 - ie if the user has to activate text field before editing it, then pressing
 key-left in non-activated input field will return to the previous document
independant of STICKY_FIELDS (well, if old behaviour is in effect wrt
sticky-of-the-2st-kind, and text field was modified, then lynx will ask
PREV_DOC_QUERY).

. I mean,
Klaus, you don't analyse all cases
fully.

> Well that's my experience.  I am just speculating that you *might* change
> your mind, too.
>
> Maybe I think differently because I'm rearely in "want to fill in forms"
> mode.  I expect Left Arrow to do the normal Left Arrow thing, unless
> there's a special reason.
>
> > >  # STICKY_INPUTS - Input
> > >  # This option controls whether all text inputs are sticky.  If input is
> > > not
> > >  # sticky, then it won't intercept any keyboard input until user
> > > activates it
> > >  # (as usual link).
> >
> > Uggh, that's just the way w3m does it.  Yuuuck.

 To address@hidden: if you wish w3m like behaviour with respect text fields,
set STICKY_INPUTS to FALSE in lynx.cfg

>[...]

 Best regards,