Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 06:28:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > input field near the top.  Normally you'd press Left Arrow to go back
> > and not even notice there was an input field.  (If you're in human
> > "browsing mode", not in "I want to fill in forms" mode.)  Now (with the
> > sticky-of-the-2nd-kind setting) the input field requires taking notice
> > (why didn't Left do anything?) and then taking action (probably ^V).
>
>   WIth the patch I sent, if STICKY_INPUTS is FALSE (sticky-of-the-1st-kind)
>  - ie if the user has to activate text field before editing it, then pressing
>  key-left in non-activated input field will return to the previous document
> independant of STICKY_FIELDS (well, if old behaviour is in effect wrt
> sticky-of-the-2st-kind, and text field was modified, then lynx will ask
> PREV_DOC_QUERY).
>
> . I mean,
> Klaus, you don't analyse all cases fully.

That may very well be so - after all this exchange started with me
complaining how I had difficulty doing just that. :)

I don't know what you mean here, though.  I was not trying to talk
about sticky-the-1st-kind at all.  Or rather, I was assuming it was
FALSE, as is the default and as most users would have it.  And I was
replying to mattack who had just made it clear that he would definitely
not use sticky-the-1st=off.  (With *human* "browsing mode" I meant
a state of mind, not a state of sticky-the-1st.)

address@hidden:]
> > > Uggh, that's just the way w3m does it.  Yuuuck.
>
>  To address@hidden: if you wish w3m like behaviour with respect text fields,
> set STICKY_INPUTS to FALSE in lynx.cfg

The Yuuuck means he definitely doesn't want it.

   Klaus