lynx-dev SGML.c changes (was coding style, ifdefs)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev SGML.c changes (was coding style, ifdefs)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 05:55:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>   OK. But you've done some other changes to SGML.c - and prettysrc is up-today
> as I guess too.

Yes, see <http://www.nyct.net/~aray/junk/hide.html> as test.  (Play
with <`> and <'> to get rid of the "You are using a browser that does
not parse HTML according to published standards"...)
You should remove the <![INCLUDE[ ... ]]> around the last part to
see how the inner thing gets prettylighted on its own.

Another thing you can do now:

<![CDATA[
    <an> example of <sgml> markup that is
    not <painful> to write with < and such.
   ]]>

in the middle of HTML text.

(Actually someone asked for some of this stuff on
   Linkname: Lynx Development To Do List
more than a year ago.  It's under the "Standards" heading.
Some of this is SGML-ish but not XML-ish.  In any case it
is not complete.  Consider it more as improved error recovery.
Something like <em/hello/ wasn't really handled well, it could
lose a lot of text, up to the next '>'.)

> > So all the time Foteos Macrides spent adding comments and explanations
> > was wasted time, and if he had not done so, Lynx would be in a better shape
> > now (and would have all the features you need)?  Yeah right.
>
>   As I understand, he was paid for that (he was working in the university as I
> understand).

You are wrong.

   Klaus