Re: lynx-dev [patch] more SH_EX tweak

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [patch] more SH_EX tweak
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:41:21 +0400 (MSD)

17-Oct-99 04:36 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> Playing with SH_EX defined on non-Windows platform detected:
>>

>> * Tweak LYExecv() to exclude SH_EX conditional (dired commands didn't work
>>   on non-Windows platforms when SH_EX defined).

> Since you are using SH_EX on a non-Windows platform - I am curious
> what are the benefits.  Could you give some examples how that
> changes lynx's behavior in a noticeable way?

>    Klaus

The only noticeble example is that statusline and upper right subject line
now have a different color :-(

The original Hiroyuki code ifdef'ed with WIN_EX, CJK_EX and SH_EX and was
developed/extensively tested on Windows platform by the author when all three
flags were predefined (so few defines happens to be improperly named and I
tweak that a little when I find a problem).

My goal was to utilise parts of Hiroyuki code on non-Windows platform,
especially CJK_EX staff since that may be of general interest of Japanese UNIX
users. Apperently no feedback at the moment...

>From the other hand, much of WIN_EX code have windows-specific routines such
as Win-threads while the other can be utilised by DJGPP port (say LYFileCopy()
as example; local directory listing may be another example since it is
extremely slow on DJGPP).