Re: lynx-dev outgoing_mail_charset (was: megapatch)

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev outgoing_mail_charset (was: megapatch)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 00:06:27 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > > I think a new incarnation of print_wwwfile_to_fd, maybe
> > > print_translated_wwwfile_to_fd (which takes an additional charset
> > > handle parameter) would be the way to go, rather than putting
> > > more different cases within the existing function.  Better now
> > > before it's to late because print_wwwfile_to_fd has become another
> > > too-complex megamulti-purpose function where no-one understands all
> > > the cases...
> >
> >  Is it so complex? I don't believe you..
>
> _Before_ it's too late.  s/has become/will have become/, I guess.

  Why? I guess it won't :)

> >  FYI, DUMP_WITH_BACKSPACES works by emitting LY_BOLD_* and LY_UNDERLINE_* in
> > the HText for lss-enabled lynx, and doesn't modify HText in other case.
>
> Really?  I see nothing that prevents it form doing its thing with non-lss
> lynx.

  It won't modify HText on non-lss lynx then, but of course it will do its
work in both cases - it will emit backspaces as expected in www_*print_to_fd.

> I haven't tried it, I always have compiled with -DNO_DUMP_WITH_BACKSPACES
> to avoid stuff I didn't understand.

  Try it. It will work only if commandline is '--with-backspaces -dump' - pipe
the output through less.

> >  As for how rare LY_SOFT_HYPHENs are  - they won't be rare if hyphenation is
> > enabled.
>
> What does your code do when they are in the input?

 Never tried.

>    Klaus

 Best regards,
  -Vlad