lynx-dev Re: can't compile on NetBSD

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: can't compile on NetBSD
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 00:06:23 -0400

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 12:02:34PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:

> As Klaus already pointed out, for some reason the flag -Dunix is necessary.

It's just a warning that "unix" is deprecated. It started in NetBSD
1.4, presumably because "unix" is fairly meaningless as a preprocessor
definition these days. I just ignore the message.

> > You might try the NetBSD package distribution of Lynx as a test; see
> [...]
> >    This package requires the following package(s) to run: libslang-1.3.9
>
> I'd rather that the Lynx distribution work as is.  libslang-1.3.8 (vs 9)
> should not be a problem.  Isn't it that configure is not getting the
> information it needs from uname -a, or whatever?

I would like it to work as well.  Since I don't use slang much, I
can't help a lot.  But I would try this -- build the 2.8.2 package
of Lynx on your NetBSD machine to be sure you have working slang
headers and libraries, etc.  Then, try the latest development version
using the same libraries.

I've just built dev.12 using slang 1.3.8 and it worked for me.  I
had to clean out some old 1.3.7 slang stuff.

My lynx version:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 jim  wheel  1261509 Oct 19 00:01 lynx

Lynx Version 2.8.3dev.12 (14 Oct 1999)
Built on netbsd1.4 Oct 18 1999 23:44:49

screen                              'slang'
slang_header                        'predefined'

Marvin the Paranoid Android.