Re: lynx-dev -post_data / JavaScript

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -post_data / JavaScript
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:20:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Matt Staley wrote:

> Yeah...I figure that would be the answer.  Ok...since the script is only
> called when a button is submit (onSubmit="return Validatelookup()"), does
> -post_data trigger "onSubmit" event?

On a script enabled browser, pushing the submit button of the form
would trigger it.  It's my understanding that it returns either
true or false, true means: submit to the server (as if there had
been no onSubmit), false means: don't.

Lynx's -post_data of course doesn't trigger anything.  It wouldn't,
even if lynx could understand events  and javascript, since all
that stuff is in the page with the FORM; and you are completely
circumventing that page by using -post_data, lynx never sees it.

  Klaus