lynx-dev Re: Javascript [Was: ]

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Javascript [Was: ]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

From: address@hidden (Gerry Hutchinson)

> I have heard that there are plans to allow Lynx to support Javascript in
> the next release - v. 2.8.3?  Can anyone confirm this and the date any such
> release is due?

Nope, we can't confirm that.  There seldom is much advanced planning for
what goes into lynx releases.  If someone comes along with javascript
support built against a relatively recent version of lynx, it would likely
be added.  But I'm not aware of anyone having done anything more than
set up a year or so ago some configure file initial arguments for
specifying the javascript library.

Are you interested in coding up the Javascript support?  Or funding someone
else to do it?

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-