lynx-dev Question from a comment in the lynx.cfg file

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Question from a comment in the lynx.cfg file
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

The lynx.cfg file states:

# XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND will be used as a default in src/HTInit.c
# for viewing image content types when the DECW$DISPLAY logical
# is set.  Make it the foreign command for your system's X image
# viewer (commonly, "xv").  It can be anything that will handle GIF,
# TIFF and other popular image formats.  Freeware ports of xv for
# VMS are available in the ftp://ftp.wku.edu/vms/unsupported and
# http://www.openvms.digital.com/cd/XV310A/ subdirectories.

But xv is not a freeware package, and the openvms.digital.com URL returns
                                                The requested URL was not found

                        The requested URL was not found

   HTTP status code: 404

In fact, in the Unix paragraph on XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND, xv is referred to as
shareware.  Perhaps that should be how it is referenced here?

Since I don't use VMS, I don't know whether there is something special
about this particular release of the program.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-