Re: lynx-dev Help with Lynx and Yahoo mail

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Help with Lynx and Yahoo mail
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:54:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, PETER J. KERTON wrote:

> I am using Aztecs Lynx version 2.7.2.
> I have a problem, please help me.
> I log on to the web, I go to www.mail.yahoo.com
> because I have an acount there and I check my mail reguarly, I
> get to the login screen, put in my info and click on the sign in
> link.  I wait a few seconds, thne I end up back at the log in
> screen with this message:
> ALERT! ERROR UNCOMPRESSING TEMP FILE
> I cannont check my Yahoo mail! what should I do

1. To other lynx-dev'ers: does Yahoo mail use compression now
for transmitted pages?  That would be unusual (but lynx should
deal with it fine).

2. to PETER J. KERTON:
The first people you should talk to about this problem are the
folks from the Freenet you are using.  There seems to be a
configuration problem with their installation of lynx.  I don't
know how we folks on the lynx-dev list could solve that remotely.

   Klaus