Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:21:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, brian j pardy wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > 2. He doesn't have a problem with -dump, only with -source, if I read
> > his message right.  I don't think your patch addresses his -source
> > problem, only the -dump problem which he doesn't have.
>
> I don't have 2.8.1rel.2 source breakout sitting around,

There's always the breakout directories on sol.slcc.edu for convenient
checking of a previous version's single file...

> but at least
> in current dev version, -source (along with -dump, -get_data and
> -post_data) sets the "dump_output_immediately" variable, which is
> where the bug in LYCookie.c in 2.8.1 is found.  I may be wrong, but I
> don't think so.

But that alone doesn't cut it, as I have over time repeatedly tried
to point out...

Start with <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0699/msg00444.html>,
follow the pointer.  It will take some reading of messages.

I don't know why nobody has added code that solves the problem, it
shouldn't be any more difficult than what's already being done for
other cases.

I haven't done it because
   - I don't use cookies much, basically only for testing.
   - I have no need for saving cookies with -source, even
     some doubts whether lynx should do it.
   - I would want to review whether lynx should really call
     exit_immediately from withi  HTFWriter_free, I consider
     that unclean.

But to someone who just wants to make a patch to remove the current
limitation, those considerations need not apply to you.

   Klaus