Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:36:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>My memory may be faulty, but that's what I still think *should* happen.
>PERSISTENT_COOKIES should not be enabled by default.

Why not?

As much as I slam GUI browsers, shouldn't Lynx come as close to providing the
same out of the box (err, tar archive) experience as a GUI browser?  Leave
all the configurability in, but default to behaving pretty much like a
GUI browser.. (except faster, runs under a shell, crashes less, etc.)