Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:54:36 +0900 (JST)

> > and my termcap description "SC" contains the following:
> >             :kI=\E[1~:kh=\E[2~:kP=\E[3~:\
> >             :kD=\E[4~:@7=\E[5~:kN=\E[6~:\
[...]
> Well, obviously screen "fixes up" your keys to generate the "normal"
> sequences, as far as programs running under screen see.  (See how
> "standard" they are? :))  But then you go and try very hard to tell
> those programs running under screen that no, screen hasn't done that,
> and that the keys still act as if the programs were NOT running under
> screen - with your "screen" and "SC" descriptions.  That can't help

Are you telling me that I should remove the kI, kh, kP, kD, @7 and
kN notation from termcap SC and the equivalent from terminfo screen?

> But I think I do understand why, in the non-screen case, one key is
> wrong.  Try this "patch":

Did, and it fixes the key-action problem which shows up in the non-
screen case.  (Problem is, I can't live without screen!)

Good work!

> I don't understand, but you shouldn't set "screen" terminfo and "SC"
> termcap as you do.  Or teach screen to not remap those keys, its man
> page seems to have enough info for doing that.

You'd have to be a genius to understand it.  What does that mean "teach
screen to not remap those keys"?  Also _I_ don't set "screen" terminfo
and "SC" termcap; screen does.  My .login only has the one for TeraTerm,
"ttpro."  Of course it would be possible to delete the description of
specific keys if that is will have the same effect.

__Henry