Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 09:42:38 +0900 (JST)

> unnecessary) *also* seems to assume that LYmbcsstrlen() acts that
> way when it never did.   That means that parts of hightlight() have
> been wrong for CJK for a long time: Highlighting of WHEREIS ('/')
> target string that falls in anchor text - it is positioned right at

There are things that are not right, but too subtle and not obnoxious
enough to spend the time debugging.  (The way the cursor jumps around
the screen in a regular pattern when navigating over links is one of
them.)

> To see the effect, the anchor text should have CJK characters before
> the occurrence of the target string.  Can someone confirm the
> existence of this old problem with CJK display character sets?

Sorry, but I'm just not sure again what I should be looking for.  If
you have the time could you write a couple of lines of html that I
could stick within <body> tags to test with.  Just replace text that
needs to be in Japanese with an even number of "JJ"s or some other
easily recognizable ascii sequence, and I'll replace them.  I have
at this moment 280rel3, 282rel1, and 282dev22 binaries for testing;
take your pick.

> Please test the following "patch":

I think I will have time later today.  Thanks for the quick response.

__Henry