Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:15:02 +0900 (JST)

> Imagine that, 1.1 mb unstripped?  I recollect that my crtdll.dll versions
> using MingW32 and the gnu compiler were half that size.  You probably do

When was that?  A build of Lynx on Solaris now (283dev13) can be, depending on
what is compiled in, _well_ over twice the size of a 25FM, and I think with
any configuration including relatively "standard" features, the binary would
be 1.2 mb, stripped (using static libraries).  Even a 271 is considerably
smaller than a 280.

__Henry