Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:39:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> There are things that are not right, but too subtle and not obnoxious
> enough to spend the time debugging.  (The way the cursor jumps around
> the screen in a regular pattern when navigating over links is one of
> them.)

(I am not familiar with that effect.)

> Sorry, but I'm just not sure again what I should be looking for.  If
> you have the time could you write a couple of lines of html that I
> could stick within <body> tags to test with.  Just replace text that
> needs to be in Japanese with an even number of "JJ"s or some other
> easily recognizable ascii sequence, and I'll replace them.  I have
> at this moment 280rel3, 282rel1, and 282dev22 binaries for testing;
> take your pick.

A real page instead:

  http://www.debian.or.jp/index.html.ja

Take for example the 13th link (the 10th item in the first-level UL list).
I am "lloking" at it with "Japanese (EUC-JP)", but not with a real
Japanese font.  The 2nd group of two bytes in the anchor text, which
I understand means the second "character" to you, appears three times
in that anchor text, as well as in others (links # 7, 14, 20).

While on the first link of the page, enter '/', <that character>, RETURN.
The occurrences of the character should now be highlighted (correctly)
within the links. Now move the "selected link" down over those links.
As you move on and over them, the searchtarget-highlighting-within-the-
link-highlighting becomes wrong (on wrong characters, possibly some
other corruption).

I would be interested to know whether you see this, and in which of
your versions; and whether it's corrected now with the last fix.
(Also, if you have a lss version, whether there is a difference.)

   Klaus