Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:41:10 +0900 (JST)

Got another problem: often, but not always, only the first character
of a search string is highlighted.  It seems that this is not limited
to Japanese, but seems to happen more often in Japanese than in English.

>    Compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3, using slang-(0.99|1.3.8), on Solaris2.6.
>    "Highlighting" for me means "COLOR:7:brightmagenta:gray," thanks to you.
>
> >   http://www.debian.or.jp/index.html.ja

Let's use this page as an example, again with dcs EUC.

First, to see if the problem exists for you, search on "debian".  In
my case, the 4th instance has only "Deb", and the 5th instance only
"De" highlighted.

If I search on the string "????", only the 1st and 4th instances have
both characters highlighted, and the 2nd, 3rd and 5th instances have
only the first character, "??", highlighted.

If I search on the string "??????????", the 1st instance has only the
first character, "??", highlighted, while the second instance has the
first three characters, "??????", highlighted.

__Henry