Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:11:21 +0100 (BST)

> As much as I slam GUI browsers, shouldn't Lynx come as close to providing the
> same out of the box (err, tar archive) experience as a GUI browser?  Leave

No.  Commercial browsers behave this way for commercial reasons - Microsoft,
for instance, wants to encourage the sale of ASP, Visual Interdev, etc.
They also consider that security and privacy are less important than low
support costs.

Non-commercial browsers don't have to achieve any particular market share
or sell associated products, so they can afford to use best practice,
rather than commercially expedient practice.