Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes

From: vtailor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:04:59 -0500 (CDT)

>> You can make Borland C++ threadsafe by disabling the Borland console
>> library in your compiler, generating an import library for crtdll.dll,
>> and linking your Borland application to crtdll.dll.  Unless, of course,
>> all this is too complicated for you.
>
>send a patch.

A patch for what?  crtdll.dll looks almost exactly like the Borland
runtime library.  I suspect you can use the same or a similar makefile,
as long as you get the Borland compiler to accept the crtdll.dll import
library instead of its native library.

The reason I stopped writing to this group was that, whenever I sent
patches, they either weren't included or changes were deliberately made
to circomvent them.  The obvious way to go with lynx.exe is to use
libslang and the MingW32 gcc compiler, yet the developers have chosen
to use an unfortunately substandard Borland compiler instead.