Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:00:57 -0400 (EDT)

> A patch for what?  crtdll.dll looks almost exactly like the Borland
> runtime library.  I suspect you can use the same or a similar makefile,
> as long as you get the Borland compiler to accept the crtdll.dll import
> library instead of its native library.
>
> The reason I stopped writing to this group was that, whenever I sent
> patches, they either weren't included or changes were deliberately made

I recall a lot of discussion from you, but nothing that resembled a patch
in the nearly two years that I've been integrating patches.  (Telling me
that I should do something is a waste of words - I've a long backlog on
every program I'm working on).

> to circomvent them.  The obvious way to go with lynx.exe is to use
> libslang and the MingW32 gcc compiler, yet the developers have chosen
> to use an unfortunately substandard Borland compiler instead.

if you choose to not categorize yourself as "the developers", that's really
your own problem...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden