Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Observations on latest Win32 lynxes
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> to circomvent them.  The obvious way to go with lynx.exe is to use
> libslang and the MingW32 gcc compiler, yet the developers have chosen
> to use an unfortunately substandard Borland compiler instead.

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. In what way is this
obvious? Which developers have "chosen" the Borland compiler? Lynx
still seems to be distributed as source code, to be compiled with
whatever compiler the user chooses. I know from personal experience
that it compiles with cygwin for Win32. A slightly older binary
compiled with cygwin is still available from Senshu Hiroyuki's site.
Can you not get it to compile with MingW32 and SLang? Do you have a
binary package that you wish to make available for Win32? If so, I am
sure that pointers to it could be added in the lynx pages. I remember
that you did have a binary for distribution at one point, but the URL
disappeared rather quickly.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman