lynx-dev Siberian soldiers' time

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Siberian soldiers' time
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

991018 Vlad Harchev wrote from the vast white expanses (smile):
> 16 Oct 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>> in following threads involving VH, i am finding it irritating
>> that his clock seems to be set wrongly, with the result
>> that his contributions appear lower down the listing than they should.
>> can he fix it, please?
> I use an old PC with old clock battery and Win95 is booted infrequently.
> All this leads to clock skews I'm tired/forgetting to fix on each boot.
> If my machine was connected to some lan or wan,
> I could sync the time with other machines, but this is not the case.

my home machine is a 10-year-old XT,
whose date'n'time i have to reset at each start-up:
i simply refer to my desk diary & bedside clock for the correct figures.

> The most reliable way is to fix dates of my messages by majordomo
> (setting the time of message arrival)
> or by setting 'natural order' of the messages in the mail reader
> or writing procmail rules.

this is asking other people to go to lengths
to counteract a problem created by a small omission on your own part.
the simple solution for me would be to delete all your messages unread.