lynx-dev "soft newline" and source searching (was: another largish patch

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev "soft newline" and source searching (was: another largish patch)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:54:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 26-Oct-99 01:48 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > ... is available temporarily at
> >    <http://enteract.com/~kweide/lynx/>
>
> > * Functions LYmbcsstrlen, LYno_attr_mbcs_case_strstr, and
> >   LYno_attr_mbcs_strstr in LYStrings.c where unclear about the concept
> >   of 'printable' or 'physical' used for some returned values in the CJK
>
> There is a close long-standing problem with search in source "\" mode
> when the word trancated with LY_SOFT_NEWLINE will not be found
> while in "normal" mode it does. Seems LYStrings.c functions of that class
> serve the behaviour.

Seems it is broken as designed, if I understand what you mean.

When "foobar" gets broken and displayed like

  +bar                                        |

I can search for "foo" and "bar" and both get found as expected.
If that didn't work, some detail would have to be fixed.

If you want "foobar" to be found in that situation, you have to
extend the search mechanism.  Not a small fix.

Or don't break lines like that, restore the old lynx behavior.

    Klaus