Re: lynx-dev tests/ demos / ? (was: more TRST support)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tests/ demos / ? (was: more TRST support)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:59:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> In message <address@hidden>,
>            Klaus Weide writes:
> > On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 address@hidden wrote:
> >
> > > see what Lynx does with frames/tables/javascript/xml", rather than
> > > "Install
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > Lynx to see how fabulous it is" would probably get a much better response
>     ^^^^
> >
> > But they'd have to install Lynx first.
>
> The whole point was that they wouldn't have to install Lynx first.  They could
> see how fabulous it is from the screenshots etc.

I am not sure what Larry's whole point was, it didn't (and doesn't) seem
consistent.  On the one hand "fixed test cases" apparently for something
like regression testing, on the other some kind of publicity effort.

Just make sure you are talking about the same thing, is basically what
I am saying.

I also doubt that there are many journalists and others out there that
would achieve enlightenment just by looking at some static screen dumps.
But I may be wrong.

   Klaus