Re: lynx-dev tests/ demos / ?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tests/ demos / ?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 05:21:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Mike Castle wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 03:34:50PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > The whole point was that they wouldn't have to install Lynx first.  They
> > could
> > see how fabulous it is from the screenshots etc.
>
>    Linkname: Lynx Viewer

Yes, that's a nice one.

But it is 2.7.1.  It also seems to have  some problems -
Try viewing <http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/> through it,
note the overlong lines.  Also try the "Re-validate" link
at the bottom - the URL is corrupted (there's a "%a" that
doesn't belong).

Fro mwhat I could gather by looking at the script (there's a
link to the perl source), it works by calling a modified
lynx binary and then tweaking the output of that a bit more.

   Klaus