lynx-dev LYNX: how to do "cc", etc for email to a link?

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: how to do "cc", etc for email to a link?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:55:43 -0700 (PDT)

I just found a site (www.medem.com -- new site for american
medical assoc) -- and noticed that their links are via
javascript.

(thanks to someone, at least the error msg (lynx) shows the
url the javascript wants to go to, so you CAN at least
type that in by hand.)

(SOMEONE please look at that site and email them about how many
blind people use lynx and therefore won't be able to use
their site!)

Now, to the main subject of this email:

I myself was writing an email to them (I do an "L" and then
look for a "@"), and of course lynx asked me for a subject:-line,
and then threw me into vi.  Good, so far.

What I wanted to do was to send the email not only to them,
but cc it to THIS list.

So when I have finished my email msg, I exit vi via :x
(does a w (if needed) and then a q), and the only option
I get is "send this msg (y or n)".

NO WAY TO DO A CC, OR CHANGE THE SUBJ, OR ADD TO THE "TO:" LINE, etc.

----

Nice thing about MUTT is that just before you say "y" to send off
the email, you can type in "c", for adding to the cc-line, or "s",
for the subj-line, etc.

Lynx needs SOMETHING like that for emails generated by "clicking"
on a "send email to us" link.

(maybe this facility is already there, but I just don't know
about it?)

David

PS: when I exited vi (writing my email msg -- which I DID NOT SEND,
being so FRUSTRATED (& flustered) at not being able to either
"cc" to lynx-dev, or retrieve in any way the text I had tediously
written to them, I gave up, and send this to you instead.

But I did cd over to /tmp, did an ls -lsAt of it, and noted
a bunch of files "owned" by me.  But none of them contained
my just written (by vi) email-text:
   I egrepped for "blind" in all those files, no such string.

Perhaps when we do email-via-link lynx could append to some file
(in OUR dir, not /tmp) the date and time and the NAME of the
file that msg went into (in /tmp)).

And the NEXT time we write an email (via link) lynx chooses
a DIFFERENT name -- so we can see what we wrote via vi
(this to happen BEFORE THE EMAIL IS ACTUALLY SENT -- at
exit of vi or whatever $EDITOR we're using -- the idea
being we can ABORT the actual sending (via answering "n"
to that question) but STILL SEE WHAT WE (TEDIOUSLY) WROTE.

(Sorry for all the caps -- I'm still upset at losing my
text...)   :-(

----

Any worthwhile ideas here?

David