Re: lynx-dev LYNX: how to do "cc", etc for email to a link?

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: how to do "cc", etc for email to a link?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

*** Larry W. Virden (address@hidden) wrote Today:

:) Lynx is not intended to be a full featured mail, news, ftp, gopher, wais,
:) etc. client.  It provides minimal features.  I believe there have been,
:) over the past year or so, discussions of alternatives available to users
:) to use 'real' news and mail clients, etc. via EXTERNAL commands?

Yes but nobody is asking full supoort of news and e-mail, what I
understand is that if lynx is going to do e-mail it should do the basic
stuff (cc, bcc, etc), and it should in particular implement a way to
suspend your composition to change headers (like adding a person to the
To: field).

  I do not agree that lynx should provide "minimal features". Not everyone
has the external command enabled and mail is such a basic tool that there
should be way to open your mail program to compose and read mail while
being in lynx. I believe a feature like this is necessary.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html