Re: lynx-dev Does --enable-debug work?

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Does --enable-debug work?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:16:43 -0600

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:

| It seems --enable-debug does not pass on "-g", i.e. it has no
| effect.  At least sometimes.  I haven't looked systematically,
| but suspect that it depends on whether/which of CFLAGS and
| CPPFLAGS are set before configure is invoked.

Heh.  And here I thought that was just me misunderstanding the
purpose of that flag.

In my debug-build-script, I've been setting CFLAGS to -g in the
environment for some time now.

IIRC, I also *had* to run ./configure using --enable-debug, else
the -g from CFLAGS would get lost/unused/removed.

Or something like that ...

/kim