Re: lynx-dev What's with the ncurses colors?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev What's with the ncurses colors?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 07:03:53 -0400 (EDT)

> I agree that the "linux" ncv should have bit 1 (underline) set - no
> argument.
>
> It probably also should have bit 4 (dim) set.  Both are simulated as
> colors (overriding fg color as set by CSI 3x m completely), there isn't
> a pricipal difference.  (uust that dim isn't much used in practice)

yes (I mostly only "see" dim in the test screen).  Not many terminals implement
it

> I think the adding-in of bold wasn't always there; it was "closer" then.

I'm not certain (it still looks to me to be the same - but then that's
discounting the hidden translation of underline to bold in slang - so maybe
I'm not looking closely enough).

But I'll look closer at the bold+colors (we should have a test-screen for
lynx that shows all of the types on one screen, to make it simpler to
compare).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden