Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 17:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

>29-Oct-99 20:48 Klaus Weide wrote:
>> So here's a somewhat different idea: A 'save_cookies' flag that
>> tells lynx whther to *write* cookies to file or not.
>> In interactive mode, default is
>>  - ON if persistent cookies are enabled
>>  - OFF if persistent cookies are disabled
>> In noninteractive mode, default is
>>  - OFF

So does this mean in the options menu there will be the existing Cookies
item and a Save Cookies item?

Though I thought I'd never say it, it seems as if there's almost too many
options..  Though if someone were arguing to get rid of cookies I'd say make
it an option.. heh.

>> I am not sure whether this should be command line flag, lynx.cfg option,
>> or both, but probably both.
>
>> What do you think?  (And what do the consumers-of-cookies think?)

Well, I hope I could set it up from the options menu so I don't have to
give a command line option (obviously I could add it to an alias like I already
do for the other options I use for my 'generic' Lynx alias,
lynx -nopause -pseudo_inlines -nolist).

I don't think I'd ever use this explicitly, since I use persistent cookies and
obviously want them saved..   Though if Lynx could figure out if the cookie
file were already in use and turn read only usage on if it is, that'd be good.
(If I'm using two Lynxes in different screen windows, for example.)