Re: lynx-dev Rough version of makelynx.bat for use with Khan's MingW32

From: vtailor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Rough version of makelynx.bat for use with Khan's MingW32
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:04:14 -0500 (CDT)

>> REM Rough version of Dos batch makefile for MingW32 and lynx.exe
>> Rem Remember to precede this by "command /E:32000" and set the
>> Rem MingW32 paths
>
>Hey, thanks a million for this and the previous batch file you sent.
>Maybe I'll give it (compile with MingW32) another try.

Actually, converting makefiles from bc and msc, or even gnu makefiles,
to batch files is pretty straightforward.  I am writing this from the
batch compiled Ming version of Lynx 2.8.2 which is around 800KB.  The
main reason for sending this was not to say how cute batch files are,
but to prove that the libslang crtdll.dll version of lynx was much more
stable, less likely to crash the system, and much less likely to corrupt
the screen.

If you want to try this version of lynx.exe out, it should still be
possible to download it from the Usenet news group alt.binaries.misc.

There is some problem with HTFile.c and dirent.h that, depending on
the release of gcc and egcs, can be fixed by editing both .h files and
typedeffing things.
(