Re: lynx-dev -nozap, poor man's scripting - patch and example

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -nozap, poor man's scripting - patch and example
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:57:40 -0500 (EST)

991031 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Philip Webb fumbled:
>> (1) this is great, if it means  /  or  n  will work during partial display;

sorry, my fault: at present,  /  and  n  work
iff there is no interruption in the flow of data from out there;
otherwise, they get lost.  it's characteristic of distant sites,
eg Financial Times in London for me in Toronto.
i would like Lynx at least to store those symbols & others -- eg  3p  --
until display is complete, assuming it's too difficult
to program things to have a search/goto within the partial text.

>> (2) it's not great, if you can't scroll during partial display.
>> any way of fixing it so it allows (1), but doesn't disable (2)?
>> i use Lynx to read many news stories,
>> for which partial display is very useful,
>> but so is searching for some lexeme (smile)
>> which characteristically begins the actual text a/a links/ads.
> you could use p.m.s. to program Lynx for one initial page
> (if it doesn't change pattern) to skip over the ads.
> After that's done you gain control and can move around as you are used to.

i'm not sure i follow here,
but maybe i should look at your original message again.