Re: lynx-dev -nozap, poor man's scripting - patch and example

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -nozap, poor man's scripting - patch and example
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:02:21 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> 991031 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Philip Webb fumbled:
> >> (1) this is great, if it means  /  or  n  will work during partial display;
>
> sorry, my fault: at present,  /  and  n  work
> iff there is no interruption in the flow of data from out there;
> otherwise, they get lost.  it's characteristic of distant sites,
> eg Financial Times in London for me in Toronto.
> i would like Lynx at least to store those symbols & others -- eg  3p  --
> until display is complete, [...]

Yes, that's exactly what happens with -nozap.  (but it also happens
to the useful paging keys)

> > you could use p.m.s. to program Lynx for one initial page
> > (if it doesn't change pattern) to skip over the ads.
> > After that's done you gain control and can move around as you are used to.
>
> i'm not sure i follow here,
> but maybe i should look at your original message again.

I meant starting lynx like this:

echo -n "  )" | lynx-ncurses -nozap=initially http://somewhere/somepath

if you want to skip over two and a half screens on that first page.
The "  )" is NEXT_PAGE NEXT_PAGE DOWN_HALF (assuming it doesn't get
trapped in a form field).

   Klaus