Re: lynx-dev ^L in popup corrupts screen (w/ ncurses)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ^L in popup corrupts screen (w/ ncurses)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:36:36 +0900 (JST)

> in the meantime, I continue to use ncurses with colors (including on terminals
> that slang still doesn't support: dtterm, Tera Term, BeOS terminal, SCO's
                                            ^^^^^^^^^
What???????  Slang supports TeraTerm beautifully, whether described by
termcap or terminfo.  Rather than making broadsweeping, meaningless
statements, it would be much more helpful to the Lynx user base to give
concrete, empirically-tested terminal emulator/console description strings
that we could test and use if applicable.  For example, if needing the
string "op=\E[37;40m", rather than "op=\E[39;49m", in the terminfo
description means that slang "doesn't support" TeraTerm, whereas ncurses
does, AND I get a logical and understandable reason why that means slang
doesn't support TeraTerm, THEN I might lend more of an ear.

__Henry