Re: lynx-dev internationalizing menu options

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev internationalizing menu options
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:06:42 +0900 (JST)

> I've been trying to localize the lynx messages to Dutch, but I have

Great!  Glad to see that more and more people are using the NLS.

> found some problems translating the hotkey-menus like this one:
>
> msgid " H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit"
>       "/=search [delete]=history list \n"
>
> For these interactive menus it might be useful if the hotkeys could be
> changed to letters that are more meaningful in another language.
>
> What is the current opinion on this subject? Will lynx support other

My opinion is that the hot keys (input) should remain as they always have
been, and should remain static.  I, and I doubt any of my compatriots, have
any problem whatsoever with:

which is the equivalent of the string you mention, customized for our site.

Note that the present handling of Y/N already introduces a bug which has
not been addressed by changes in the code.  Be careful how you translate
that.
        http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0899/msg00235.html

__Henry