Re: lynx-dev OK_OVERRIDE and DIRED_SUPPORT

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev OK_OVERRIDE and DIRED_SUPPORT
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:17:38 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>
> > IMHO, all lynx users on WINDOWS/DOS platforms have previously some
> > expiriense in using lynx on UNIX (that is where theirs interest to lynx
> > come from). They (including me:) may feel uncomfortable if keymapping
> > happen to be different, I mean a limited functionality, not an
> > additional binding or features. This contradict to helpfiles at least.
> > And I never use "main screen" key; in a local directory it is
> > preferrable GOTO "." or "~" instead.
>
> This is a good point. I don't have OK_OVERRIDE on my unix lynx either,
> so this was consistent for me. I don't know what percentage of unix
> builds use it.

Nearly all of them - it is the default set by configure unless you use
an explicit --disable-dired-override (and I don't think many people use
that, especially given the confusing/misleading description "disable
private keymaps").

Whenever I see the "Do you really want to go to the Main screen?" prompt,
it's by mistake (I hit the wrong key)...

    Klaus