Re: lynx-dev Batch makefile for MingW32 and Windows

From: vtailor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Batch makefile for MingW32 and Windows
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 17:33:07 -0600 (CST)

>>> The makefile enclosed in the first round of this thread works for the
>>> first release of lynx2.8.2.  I just downloaded the most recent November
>>> 4 release source and found that I needed to modify the makefile to
>>> compile.  I also needed to do a bit of judicious editing, specifically
>>> in www_ftp.h (formerly ftp.h) and *Util.c from both source directories.
>>     www_tcp.h           tcp.h
>>> There is also a bit of creeping pdcurses code that refers to pdcurses
>>> .h files and is not properly ifdeffed for libslang.
>>
>>> Personally, I am glad that pdcurses is being used.  This will hasten
>>> the debugging of pdcurses so that the overwrite problems finally go
>>> away.  I will then be delighted to recompile libcurses.a and re-do
>>> the defines to get rid of the not purist for Eunuchs version of libslang.
>>
>>> In the meantime, I am attaching the most bleeding edge recent version of
>>> makelynx.bat, which will work more-or-less with the November 4 release.
>>
>>> Oh yes, I got the November 4 release to come up, but it freezes while
>>> reading in my bookmark file and it fails when I give it http://www.gte.net
>>> to look up.
>>You should test your binary and solve your problems first.
>>
>However, I did the next best thing:  I posted the compiled version in
>bzipped format to the news group alt.binaries.misc.  Anyone involved in
>making the most recent Windows 32 source changes might find it interesting
>to use the MingW32 gcc version of lynx.exe with their own lynx.cfg file.

I have done some testing of the latest lynx.exe.  It reads in page 1 of
an old XMosaic bookmark file, then freezes.  If I press a key, it reads
in page 2 and freezes.  And, so on.  Enclosed is the text of the screen
shots:

AUTO                                                Hotlist from root (p1 of 2)

   Bookmark file

          Internet Newspapers

Read 4 KB of data.  80.00 KB/sec.

(It freezes after reading the first 4KB.)  If I push a key like `Q', it
reads the next page:

Read 8 KB of data.   0.32 KB/sec.

etc., etc.

If one of the developers knows where in lynx the code was changed so that
not reading from the keyboard blocks something, let me know.  I used the
same slang library for release 1 of lynx2.8.2, and it works with no
problems and none of the above.