lynx-dev 'm' and 'w' key mapping (was: OK_OVERRIDE and DIRED_SUPPORT)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev 'm' and 'w' key mapping (was: OK_OVERRIDE and DIRED_SUPPORT)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:39:41 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> Klaus Weide wrote:
> > [...]
> > Whenever I see the "Do you really want to go to the Main screen?" prompt,
> > it's by mistake (I hit the wrong key)...
>
> Would you hit 'w' less than 'm'?

I don't know.  It's not a big problem anyway - it's my mistake, after
all.  If it was a bigger problem, I could disable the key.

> Anyway, you'd still know you hit the wrong key, prompt or not.

Personally, I prefer to get the prompt.  Again, it's not a big deal.
But I think the prompt is also useful to remind less experienced
users what 'm' stands for.

> FWIW, I'll make another plug for my "go directly to the WWW_HOME page
> via the 'w' key" mod:
>     http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/lynxdev/hacks/directowww.gz

I remain neutral with respect to your campaign...  The remapping can be
done easily in lynx.cfg.  I don't see a very good reason for changing
the built-in default mapping (maybe I forgot some good arguments you had).

   Klaus