Re: lynx-dev Would an Outline View be feasible?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Would an Outline View be feasible?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 14:15:28 +0000 (GMT)

> Word97 and 2000 support HTML as a native file format. Older Word versions
> require the free Internet Assistant add-in to read/write HTML. All versions

I've seen the "HTML" from Word 2000; it would be better described
as Microsoft RTF in XML.  The actual example was a paper on web
accessibility which had unfortunately put on the web by an organisation
that insisted on using Word, in spite of the author's protestations.

It is not a pretty sight and only pays token lip service to HTML.
I actually tore it to pieces as an example of how not to write accessible
HTML before the author pointed out that it was not how they had written
it.  It had an extreme bloat factor, amongst other things, such as,
I seem to remember, simulating list items with explicit layout.