Re: lynx-dev t2thtml: bug

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev t2thtml: bug
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:26:05 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> anyway, gawk functions look a lot like C to me:

It doesn't matter that the syntax looks somewhat like C.

It isn't C.  You'd practically have to compile the gawk interpreter
into lynx to make use of it.  Well, at least a lage part of gawk I
assume.  Starting with a regex library.

> where's the difficulty in incorporating that code in Lynx,
> within the kind of treatment paralleling frames which i have suggested?

Where's the advantage of that kind of 'incorporating'?  Even if it
*were* C - it still operates on completely different data structures
in completely different ways.  There would be very little code reuse.
So why should it be in the same program & address space?

  Klaus