lynx-dev Re: I'm alive; JUSTIFY can be not so ugly; TRST - next step

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Re: I'm alive; JUSTIFY can be not so ugly; TRST - next step
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:19:27 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>  Hello, Klaus.
>
>  I was automatically unsubscribed from lynx-dev a week ago (seems my ISP was
> down at night, and lynx-dev is very sensitive to subscriber's unavailability),
> and I forgot about lynx-dev completely (the was a long silence there). I sent
> request to address@hidden hours  ago, and there is no answer. Is lynx-dev
> still open for subscriptions?  Also I sent some reply from flora archives,
> and they didn't arrive. What's wrong?

Maybe it has something to do with this message:
   <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1199/msg00250.html>

[ ... ]

>  As for rendering tables - why don't you lynx-devers consider the algorithms
> w3m uses?

Why don't *you* lynx-dever (again I hope) consider it?

I'm sure w3m has a fine algorithm.   I think none of us lynx-devers has
studied it.

> And another (crazy) idea - it can make sense to hack mozilla for
> console use (it saves tables as text, so it has some renderer for this) - this
> will also bring support for java and javascripts.

Fine ideas.  Somebody has to do it or it remains an idea.

>  May be forwarding message to lynx-dev will make sense too. Could you do
> this, please?

  Klaus