lynx-dev How do I debug a HPUX/Lynx problem?

From: Tan Bronson
Subject: lynx-dev How do I debug a HPUX/Lynx problem?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:13:44 -0500

We've been using Lynx from our application for several years, and now that we're trying to move to HPUX11 (from HPUX10.20) we find that lynx no longer works when called from "inside" our application. Lynx runs fine on HPUX11 from a shell, but not when called with "system" from our application.
There are three symptoms:
1) Arrow keys no longer work
2) To quit from lynx requires a 'q' AND a carriage return).
3) If the page being viewed is large, you cannot move to the next page by pressing "space".

It acts as though lynx is not getting into "raw" mode.
I've run stty -a from the shell and from lynx, and find the later has c_cc[VMIN]=4,
I've tried setting this to 1 before I call lynx, but it did not appear to help.

Any ideas how I'd go about debugging this?
I've made a pass at RTFM, but obviously not enough :-)

Thanks in advance.