lynx-dev "Visited links" displayed differently

From: rjp
Subject: lynx-dev "Visited links" displayed differently
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 09:05:46 +0000

At http://lynx.browser.org/rp/ there's a new version of my
visited links patch which now works not only with styles,
but with normal colour and mono Lynx.  You can now specify
pre- and post-text to be placed around visited links.

e.g.
"lynx -visited_links='V{%s}'" will show visited links as
V{LINK} instead of LINK, in addition to any other formatting
(like stylesheets or colours) you might have.  I think the
webpage explains it more clearly.

You're still limited to running only one copy of Lynx per
history file at the moment (limitation of GDBM), but I'm
working on that.  I even managed to figure out how to add
the configure.in option - which wasn't fun since I've been
through about 10 iterations of this patch in the last day,
each requiring a slightly different way of handling things.

I'm also working on aging the links so that links become
unvisited if they're displayed after the page they link to
has expired (assuming it had an expires header in the first
place).  This makes sense to me, but I'm wondering what
other people think of it?  (And what do people think about
the patch, too?)
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/