Re: lynx-dev file uploads in forms

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev file uploads in forms
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 04:43:28 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> In message <address@hidden>,
>            Klaus Weide writes:
> > [*] Except for some code in the devel code that doesn't work properly
> > afaik.
>
> The original base64 code worked fine, but no-one supports the
> Content-Transfer-Encoding header that the RFC recommends should be used.

Well, if it used "quoted-printable" instead of "base64" it would work
in more situations.  If it used a C-T-E only when necessary (8-bit chars
present), it would work in more situations.

> The newer raw-byte version does work, but only in some situations.

Newer, or older?  It seems at some point there already was a non-encoding
version, which got replaced by the unconditional base64 code.  But I
haven't followed closely.

> Handling multipart/form-data in ASP files isn't fun.  At all.

And there I thought that kind of stuff was there to make it *simpler*...

   Klaus